Saturday, May 10, 2008

Hilton Papagayo - Day 1

We're here! After a long red-eye flight in coach and many hours sleeping in airports - Demi and I finally made it to the lovely Hilton resort in the Gulf of Papagayo. David and Noelle made it safely with all of their family and friends. You can see me below being their personal paparazzi as the bride and groom arrived at the airport. The Liberia airport is interesting...it's basically an open air hangar with a small customs counter waiting between you and the masses of taxi cab drivers. Oh by the way...it's really really humid here...so please...no commentary on the horrible hair you will witness over the next few days!

We all piled in a shuttle and left the airport to our awaiting oasis - the Hilton Papagayo. How wonderful is this place! Everyone is so attentive and just so helpful. While we were waiting to check in they brought us flutes of fresh squeezed tropical fruit - wow! Check out the cute oceanview bungalow we're in! It's all just amazing...Demi and I still can't believe we're here!




We didn't want to waste anytime so we headed down to the pool for some sun and relaxation. I can't begin to tell you how lovely this is...you all will just have to come and see for yourselves!


Friday's Drink of Choice: Strawberry Daquiri. Yum!

And just incase you forgot that this is work - here's me working!
We met with Brynn, the wedding coordinator, to go over all the details at the rehearsal. Unfortunately, I don't have any shots of me flailing like a goober as I fought off the army of ants that crawled up my leg. You got to watch out for those ant hills here!
Demi nabbed this one while I wasn't looking! The mix of dark and light sand made such beautiful patterns...I couldn't pass up the chance to capture it!
Tomorrow's the big day for Noelle and David so stay tuned for more to come...

No comments: